Thursday, August 26, 2010

Johnny John


John was a little late with talking. Don't get me wrong- he was extremely vocal from an early age, he just didn't say many real words. Well, he caught up and them some! Sometimes his vocabulary blows us out of the water and I think his PopPop gets excited about sharing his love of language with him. For example, the other day he wanted to do something and wad told to ask Mommy if it was ok. He didn't miss a beat but looked straight at PopPop and said "My mudder dave me permission!" well, wouldn't most 3 year olds say "mommy said I can!" Maybe I'm just being proud of my little man, but I do think its extremly cute!

Probably the best is recently though. John has many nicknames:: Johnny-O, Johnny, John-John, Goober, Bug, JohnnyJohn etc. In fact, he'll introduce himself to strangers now as Johnny (so cute!) Well, the JohnnyJohn one has seemed to stick lately, maybe it is because Aunt Mandy is the one who most regularly calls him that and she was just here for a few days. Well, he has started calling me "MommyMom" and this morning he told me he was "coldieCold" I wonder what is next?? This boy never ceases to amaze us or make us laugh, what a joy it is to be his MommyMom!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh, how I enjoy opening the computer and seeing a new entry! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Yes, John is an amazing little boy but of course he has amazing parents too!