Saturday, July 18, 2009

For Tashi, My Sister....



Tashi is one of my Bhutaneese 'sisters'. When I met her it was 1994 and she was a cute little 5 year old! Now Tashi is 20 and attending Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois.



Whew.
Time flies.

We had the pleasure of having Tashi stay with us from John's birthday in June until after the 4th of July weekend. We miss you terribly Tashi, but I think John missed you the MOST!
TaaTee as he calls her.... She gets 5 kisses at bedtime, numerous cuddles during the day, books on her lap, chase around the house with huge giggles....the list goes on. John is truly smitten.











But the circle continues, when she was 5 and I was 14 I played for hours with her and Chimi, Tashi's older sister. Now Tashi is playing with my child, someday John will play with Tashi's children? Time will tell....

Tashi, you are a beautiful person inside and out and I am so glad I got to know you better this summer. I'm so lucky to be able to call you sister, and I have so much to learn from your eternal optimism. I miss our talks over tea each night, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. You are so talented and I am so confident that you will do well in whatever path you take in life.

No comments: